Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  J-Web Update issue

Posted 05-21-2023 06:20
      |   view attached

Dear All,

I am facing an issue while upgrading the J-web version 23.1.

Currently I am using Junos 23.1 OS on my EX-2300 switch.

Please find attached error details. Kindly help on J-web upgrade.

------------------------------
    HARINARAYAN TRIPATHI

Attachment(s)

docx
    Error Details.docx   199 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: J-Web Update issue

Posted 06-06-2023 18:41

Hi!

First of all, why do you run Junos 23.1R1? It is NOT the recommended version of code. Use latest 21.4R3-Sx instead as this page says:

https://supportportal.juniper.net/s/article/Junos-Software-Versions-Suggested-Releases-to-Consider-and-Evaluate?language=en_US#ex_series

Second, J-Web can take quite a bit of space, and the EX2300 has very little spare disk memory. As recommended in the link below, there are some things that can be done:

https://supportportal.juniper.net/s/article/EX-Not-enough-storage-while-upgrading-Junos-EX2300-and-EX3400?language=en_US

root@juniper> request system storage cleanup

root@juniper> request system snapshot delete snap*

root@juniper> start shell command "pkg setop rm previous" root@juniper> start shell command "pkg delete old"

• 3.  RE: J-Web Update issue

Posted 06-07-2023 00:57

Hi,

Reqested cmd already executed and the result is remain same.

I currently install JUNOS - 23.1 on EX2300 switch, it is right apporch to install j-web 21.4 

HARINARAYAN TRIPATHI

• 4.  RE: J-Web Update issue

Posted 06-07-2023 02:11

Would it be possible for you to try Junos 21.4R3-S2 instead?

• 5.  RE: J-Web Update issue

Posted 06-07-2023 05:42

Hi!

No, you should always use the corresponding J-Web for whatever release you actually have installed. What I meant was that you probably shouldn't be running 23.1R1 in the first place as that is not recommended version. It will be more difficult for you to solve issues with a too untested version like 23.1 compared to the much more stable 21.4R3-S3 (released 16 Mar 2023).

If you still want to run 23.1R1 for some reason, there is a J-Web package for that release (<mat-cell _ngcontent-c12="" class="mat-cell cdk-column-release mat-column-release ng-tns-c12-2 ng-star-inserted" role="gridcell">23.1A1).</mat-cell>

40% free space is rather usual. I have that on some EX2300 that are not running J-Web. The /tmp is a separate partition, so you can try to download the package to /tmp and then: "request system software add /tmp/jweb-ex-app-common-23.1A1.1.tgz"

Apparently you should remove any copy of the install file from the usual /var/tmp before installing as that will be on the same partition as the root dir.

• 6.  RE: J-Web Update issue

Posted 06-10-2023 03:54

Hi,

I install j-web 21.4 as per the recommendation still facing the same issue.

Do i need to follow some other configuration or step to fix the issue.

If possible can we connect remotely?

HARINARAYAN TRIPATHI

• 7.  RE: J-Web Update issue

Posted 06-12-2023 05:43

If the commands in my first reply won't work, a USB format install would be the best course of action. Troubleshooting it on the switch is doable but can take quite some time I'm afraid.

https://supportportal.juniper.net/s/article/EX-How-to-format-install-EX2300s-and-EX3400s-via-USB