Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.

ex4300 errors when installing a specific transceiver that works fine on other switches

• 1.  ex4300 errors when installing a specific transceiver that works fine on other switches

Posted 11-22-2022 10:01
    So i'm trying to utilize an aquantia aqs-107 copper transceiver which is specifically designed to support multigig 2.5/5/10g ethernet on an sfp+ port.  What's strange is this used to work on this very switch, i had this config running for over a year and then one day it stopped working.  I assumed the transceiver died.  I got another 10gb copper transceiver from fs.com, and it worked fine, i've also tried 10gtek and microtik copper transceivers with no issue.

I managed to source some more of these aqs-107 transceivers and none of them will work on the ex4300.... Strange, so i put them in an old dell switch i had and all of them (including the one i thought died) came up with zero issues.

If i run a 'show chassis hardware' with any aqs transceiver installed, it does not detect the transceiver at all.  same if i run 'show chassis pic fpc-slot 0 pic-slot 2' it will not show the transceiver if it's an aqs transceiver.

If look at var log messages i get spammed with errors such as these that keep repeating

Nov 21 20:15:00  SW01-EX4300 pfex: [EX-BCM PIC] phy_BCM84756_edc_complete_wait: EDC configuration not complete 0x8c40 port 50
    Nov 21 20:15:00  SW01-EX4300 fpc0 [EX-BCM PIC] phy_BCM84756_edc_complete_wait: EDC configuration not complete 0x8c40 port 50 

I understand that is probably not a supported config with a non juniper transceiver, but my confusion is that this used to work, it worked for a year until it just stopped working.

Could this be some kind of hardware issue with my EX-UM-4X4SFP add on card?

------------------------------
    NICHOLAS STIVACHTIS
    ------------------------------