Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.

EX2300-48P junos collapse after configuration delete and I unable to reconfigure or reinstall it

• 1.  EX2300-48P junos collapse after configuration delete and I unable to reconfigure or reinstall it

Posted 11-09-2022 11:26
    Hi,

I configured an EX2300-48P for a customer, it worked properly. Customer was unhappy with the config so send a replacement config to me to apply. It starts like this:
    configure                
    delete                 
    yes        

Obviously this deleted the complete configuration. 
    After this I setup the password, wanted to commit it, but it never finish commiting, always drop out from CLI to the login screen. I login again with the new password, starts again, but it keeps dropping me out, sometime I don't even reach the configuration menu.
    I tried to reinstall junos from recovery partition / usb, but before the login screen it freeze down completely, I don't get access to CLI. I could press anything, wait hours, nothing happens.
    I tried the password recovery guide - no success
    I tried the reinstall / format guide for this device - no success, if I choose boot from usb in the boot menu, nothing happens.

Does anyone idea what should I do with this device to work it again?
    Thanks for your help.

------------------------------
    BALAZS KISS
    ------------------------------