Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.

Equivalent of Rate-Limiting Profiles in Juniper

• 1.  Equivalent of Rate-Limiting Profiles in Juniper

Posted 08-12-2022 04:16

Hi everyone!

I am currently studying CoS in Junos and I want to know what is the juniper equivalent of a cisco policer that uses CIR, CBS and EBS.
    I know that at the [edit firewall three-color-policer single-rate] hierarchy, I can specify these values and I can match the packets I want using firewall filters e.g. on IP-Precedence values.
    For instance:

set firewall family inet filter IP_PREC term t1 from precedence 1

set firewall family inet filter IP_PREC term t1 then three-color-policer single-rate POLICER-160M
    set firewall three-color-policer POLICER-160M single-rate committed-information-rate 160m

set firewall three-color-policer POLICER-160M single-rate committed-burst-size 30m

set firewall three-color-policer POLICER-160M single-rate excess-burst-size 60m

However, I don't know how to set the confirm action, violate-action, and exceed action as, say, set some mpls EXP bits.
    Juniper's documentation on the subject says you can't configure it (link below):
    https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/security-policer-single-rate-three-color-overview.html

How should I go about setting these three actions??
    Looking forward to your valuable suggestions/instructions.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    SHAHBAZ KHAN
    ------------------------------