Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.

Dynamic Destination Address Translation in IPv4 Networks on MX104 with MS-MIC-16G

• 1.  Dynamic Destination Address Translation in IPv4 Networks on MX104 with MS-MIC-16G

Posted 08-19-2022 10:17
    Hello People,

I would like to solve the following design on MS-MIC-16G, which I use on Mikrotik ROS:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /ip firewall address-list>
    26   ;;; private IP CMTS
         C3200_NAT                                         10.3.0.0/21
    27   ;;; private IP CMTS
         C3200_NAT                                         10.4.0.0/22
    /ip firewall nat>
    6    ;;; Redirect to fake DNS 
          chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=10.1.201.4 to-ports=53 protocol=udp src-address-list=C3200_NAT dst-port=53
     7    ;;; Redirect to fake DNS
          chain=dstnat action=dst-nat to-addresses=10.4.201.1 to-ports=53 protocol=udp src-address-list=C3200_NAT dst-port=53

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a destination NAT of any destination IP to a specific destination IP, possibly with a choice of destination port and protocol.

I looked into the documentation and it is possible to solve, for example, the following:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/interfaces-adaptive-services/topics/topic-map/static-destination-nat.html

translation-type {
        dnat-44;
     }

However, this is a static NAT and cannot solve the above configuration, because it is a static dst. NAT,  where one/pool destination IP changes to one/pool destination IP.

Thank you very much for any help.

Regards,
      Radomir

------------------------------
    Radomir Plasovsky
    ------------------------------