Wireless

View Only
last person joined: 20 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Mist APs, Marvis, and all things wireless and Wi-Fi.
  • 1.  disappear SSID on Mist AP32

Posted 06-13-2022 09:42
    Hello,

We have a big network and using around 800 st Mist AP32 in our network.
    Recently my clients reporting problem about SSID does not appear and it is starting to be more and more of this problem. Clients reporting that they can NOT see the SSID to conect to which the other clients on the same AP can see it and are able to connect. (users using phone, laptop and Ipad)
    I need to ask if someone knows what could be the problem and if you have experienced these type of issues before.
    We have never had this problem with Cisco APs before.
    Could you please guid me what should I do or what should I check?
    the firmware version of the APs are 0.10.24070 and 90% of our switches are Juniper switch.
    I have checked SLE and it doesn't show something strange, coverage and roaming are good as well.

BR
    Davoud

------------------------------
    DAVOUD ROSHANZAMIR

• 2.  RE: disappear SSID on Mist AP32

Posted 06-14-2022 10:03
    Does the SSID have either WIFI 6, or WPA3 enabled in any way? We had an issue on our campus where students coming in with certain older devices would not see the SSID if features like that were enabled. 

So I would check that, and start getting information from users about what device they are using that can't see the SSID.

MITCHELL HOLT

• 3.  RE: disappear SSID on Mist AP32

Posted 06-15-2022 05:21
    Hi,

Thank you for reply my question.
    WPA-2/EAP (802.1X) and 2.4 GHz/ 5GHz are active.

Davoud

DAVOUD ROSHANZAMIR

• 4.  RE: disappear SSID on Mist AP32

Posted 10-12-2023 17:54

We have the same issue and a similar setup in my organization.  It doesn't happen often, and usually on some outside devices, but I have also seen in it on devices in my organization with updated drivers, etc.

Drew Ratliff

• 5.  RE: disappear SSID on Mist AP32

Posted 10-20-2023 04:26

Hello,

I think you have to check the SSID settings on both frequencies and count the devices type which aren't able to see SSID in order for us to narrow down the issue.