Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  CoS questions

Posted 11-24-2022 14:38
    I have the followings:

set class-of-service rewrite-rules exp voice-out forwarding-class VOICE loss-priority low code-point 101

Does this line mean all the packets assigned to VOICE class will be marked exp bits 101 outbound ?

set class-of-service classifiers exp voice-classifer forwarding-class VOICE loss-priority low code-points 101

Does this line mean all the inbound packets with exp 101 will be assigned to forwarding-class VOICE ?

Am I right ?

thanks a lot in advance !!

• 2.  RE: CoS questions
    Best Answer

Posted 11-25-2022 02:10
    Hi,

set class-of-service rewrite-rules exp voice-out forwarding-class VOICE loss-priority low code-point 101

Does this line mean all the packets assigned to VOICE class will be marked exp bits 101 outbound ?

[SS] Yes, here the EXP bits of the packets egress from the VOICE forwarding class will be rewritten as 101. Once the packets have been scheduled for transmission, their DSCP/EXP headers can be rewritten based on the rewrite-rules. These rewritten headers can then be usedclassify the packets at the next-hop device.

set class-of-service classifiers exp voice-classifer forwarding-class VOICE loss-priority low code-points 101

Does this line mean all the inbound packets with exp 101 will be assigned to forwarding-class VOICE ?

[SS] Yes. The inbound packets will be examined as it enters the Junos device. Based on the classification criteria, the forwarding class for the packet is determined. The forwarding-class determines which output queue the packets are placed in, as shown in the picture below.

------------------------------
    Sheetanshu Shekhar
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: CoS questions

Posted 11-25-2022 11:37
    thanks for confirmation for me.