SRX

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Clean removal of Juniper Secure Connect. 1722 Error during install of new version.

Posted 05-19-2023 10:40

Hello. First time poster here!

I would like to ask if anyone has any recommendations for safely removing all remnants of a Juniper Secure Connect Client. 

I am trying to install a client build of 48591 on a Windows 10 OS but receiving a 1722 error at what looks to be during the network adapter initialization. I am able to install this fine on a clean PC but any PC that has had a previous version of build 29669 will fail with the error stated above.

I know the 1722 is a pretty generic error and I have attempted what feels like anything and everything recommended online. This includes cleaning registries, program files, drivers etc. but I am not able to resolve this problem. 

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or a clean install procedure for such a situation?

------------------------------
    Chris Sowter

• 2.  RE: Clean removal of Juniper Secure Connect. 1722 Error during install of new version.

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 05-20-2023 09:37
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

I would try manually uninstalling the Juniper Secure Connect client first, reboot, install new version.

• 3.  RE: Clean removal of Juniper Secure Connect. 1722 Error during install of new version.

Posted 05-21-2023 06:18

Must be the registry of windows. Maybe it's SNMP. Try clearing logs like in event viewer. I use snmp service which is a server module but perhaps the same thing happens. So what happens is a power event possibly. If snmp isn't an actual service in win 10, then it's a reinstall.

Adrian Aguinaga
    B.S.C.M. I.T.T. Tech
    (Construction Management)
    A.A.S. I.T.T. Tech
    (Drafting & Design)

• 4.  RE: Clean removal of Juniper Secure Connect. 1722 Error during install of new version.

Posted 05-24-2023 01:38

I also got same error, anyone please  tell how to resolve this problem

Rakesh A

• 5.  RE: Clean removal of Juniper Secure Connect. 1722 Error during install of new version.

Posted 05-24-2023 10:27

Hello Rakesh,

Are you seeing this error with a Windows 10 PC?

Since my original post, I have discovered that this 1722 error only happens on Windows 10 PC's. Windows 11 PCs seem to uninstall previous version of build 29669 completely allowing the client build of 48591 to install successfully.

I have also discovered that build 29669 on the client works fine when paired with version is 21.4R3-S3.4.tgz on our SRX300. The previous version was 21.2R1.10 which had problems with client when logging in, it would throw and error stating 'Login data parsing failure'.

Chris 

Chris Sowter

• 6.  RE: Clean removal of Juniper Secure Connect. 1722 Error during install of new version.

Posted 08-24-2023 19:45

I was able to resolve this error with a customer today by tracking down the error in the Event Viewer Application log. The command being run was 'certmgr.exe -add' so I attempted to run this manually in a command prompt as Administrator and got a similar error stating that the certificate could not be written to the store.

I examined the Computer Certificate manager and found that there was a leftover certificate that the installer had left behind. After deleting that certificate the installer completed successfully.

Here is how I located and removed the certificate:

• Click start and search for 'Manage Computer Certificates'
    • Expand 'Trusted Publishers' and select the 'Certificates' folder
    • Delete any certificates issued to 'N C P e GmbH Network Communications Products engineering'

Joel Gilbert