Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Change Unified Forwarding Table Profile on ACX1100

Posted 05-13-2023 08:19

Good day everyone,
    I am unable to add new routes to my routing table due to LPM being full. I'd like to change the UFT profile for a more suitable one. Cant seem to find a way to go about it. Any help ?  
    Junos OS version: 19.4R3.11

Error Log:

ACC-BII eventd: sendto: No route to host
    ACC-BII feb0 (acx_rt_ip_uc_lpm_install:LPM route add failed) Reason : Table full
    ACC-BII feb0 acx_rt_ip_uc_entry_install vrf:3 ip addr:ac1fd060, ip mask:fffffff8, Err: lpm ip route install failed
    ACC-BII feb0 Failed to h/w update ip uc route entry (status: 1)
    ACC-BII feb0 Failed to install the RT entry (status: 1)
    ACC-BII feb0 RT-HAL,rt_entry_add_msg_proc,3575: rt_halp_vectors->rt_create failed
    ACC-BII feb0 RT-HAL,rt_entry_add_msg_proc,3639: proto ipv4,len 29 prefix 172.31.208.96/29 nh 1048578
    ACC-BII feb0 RT-HAL,rt_msg_handler,737: route process failed

Thanks

------------------------------
    NANA YAW EFFAH

• 2.  RE: Change Unified Forwarding Table Profile on ACX1100

Posted 05-13-2023 08:30

Each platform routing engine has a limit to the number of routes it can accept and install in the RIB/FIB.  Unfortunately the numbers are not on the public data sheets but you can get them via sales engineering support.

You might also see a percentage in use in the show route commands as you reach the limit.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 3.  RE: Change Unified Forwarding Table Profile on ACX1100

Posted 05-14-2023 12:39

Hello @spuluka , thanks for your response. I take it this is due to hardware limitation on the PFE according to the model.  I was hoping to influence the allocation for the different version of routes (IPV4 and IPV6) to have more resources allocated to IPV4. From your explanation, that might now be possible.

We may have to stick to aggregating the routes to bigger subnets to overcome this challenge. 

Thanks for your help .

NANA YAW EFFAH

• 4.  RE: Change Unified Forwarding Table Profile on ACX1100

Posted 05-14-2023 12:43

From what I remember, the limitations are based primarily on the cpu and memory available for the RE forwarding engine that is present in the device.

I'm not aware of any way to transfer limits between v4/v6 but if no v6 is configured at all then that forwarding table is never created in the first place.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home