SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 12 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).
  • 1.  Can SSR router be configured with Layer 2 interface with a VLAN assigned and without any IP address configured?

Posted 06-21-2022 12:29
    Hi There,

I am working on a solution below and wanted to establish EoSVR tunnel from one SSR to another SSR and share the braodcast domain across the sites.

we have 3 SSR routers, 1 HUB and 2 Branches, each site has 2 WAN and 1 LAN interface configured and it is full mesh topology network.

My question is, can we configure an Interface on SSR as a Layer 2 interface and assign VLAN 1500 without any configuring any IP address on it?

------------------------------
    YESHWANTH AMBATI

• 2.  RE: Can SSR router be configured with Layer 2 interface with a VLAN assigned and without any IP address configured?

Posted 06-21-2022 14:13
    Also, if anyone can help me understand if EoSVR supports Full Mesh or Hub/Spoke topology?

YESHWANTH AMBATI

• 3.  RE: Can SSR router be configured with Layer 2 interface with a VLAN assigned and without any IP address configured?

Posted 06-22-2022 09:48

Hi Yeshwanth Ambati,

Let me try to answer your two questions:

1. The topology can be mesh - this is independent to EoSVR as the neighborhood topology just controls the type of peering connection. However, it sounds like your try to build some kind of broadcast domain across these 3 routers (similar to MPLS). This does not work as EoSVR works point-to-point (e.g. branch to hub) but not point-to-multipoint. Mesh vs. hub/spoke just means there is a direct peering between the hub and the branches and as well between the branches. If the branches are directly connected to the underlay (no NAT!) the peering could be done using mesh topology.
    2. You cannot configure a network-interface with SSR without an IP address, but you can assign each end to VLAN 1500 and a valid IP address of that network to the network-interface. Please remember this is point-to-point (e.g. hub <-> branch1) - if you need the same for branch2 you must use a different VLAN ID and have proper routing/switching on the hub site.
    -Mathias

Mathias Jeschke
    Juniper Networks