SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).
  • 1.  AWS Conductor - SSH access

Posted 07-27-2022 10:47
    Hello, 
    I have deployed a conductor in AWS using the cloudformation template. The instance is up, but I am unable to ssh into the server. I receive the error -

No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic)

I have generated a key pair in AWS, and saved the .pem file. I used PuttyGen to create a private key .ppk file and loaded that when trying to ssh into the server. I have tried the suggested username t128 as well as admin, root, centos, and ec2-user. All return the same error. 

I created a new Centos Linux instance and using the same key pair/.ppk file was able to ssh into that instance with no problems(username=centos). Has anyone encountered a similar issue. Is t128 the correct username?

Thanks
    Ken

------------------------------
    Ken Pobst

• 2.  RE: AWS Conductor - SSH access

Posted 07-27-2022 16:30
    Installed another EC2 instance of the Conductor. This time I didn't use the Cloudfoundation conductor template. When initialized I was able to ssh in using the documented username - t128. I could then install the SSR software and the GUI is now accessible.

Ken Pobst

• 3.  RE: AWS Conductor - SSH access

Posted 08-02-2022 14:37
    Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear you had challenges login (SSH) to a Conductor after deployment.

I tried to reproduce the problem you are facing, but I have not been able to. I have launched two Conductors using the corresponding templates using both Juniper offerings in the AWS Marketplace:

- Session Smart Networking Platform (PAYG): https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-l5kwn7puwvt3g?sr=0-1&ref_=beagle&applicationId=AWSMPContessa 
    - Session Smart Networking Platform (BYOL): https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-lz6cjd43qgw3c?sr=0-2&ref_=beagle&applicationId=AWSMPContessa

I have been able to SSH to both Conductor successfully using the t128 username (the authentication method was publickey based).

- Which offer from the AWS Marketplace did you use?
    - Do you still run into the same challenge when using the Conductor template?

If you can still reproduce the issue,  we can setup a troubleshooting session to work through in real time if you agree.

Thank you very much.
    Francisco.

Francisco Jose Mendez Cirera
    Systems Engineer

• 4.  RE: AWS Conductor - SSH access

Posted 08-02-2022 14:50
    Hello Francisco, 
    Thank you for replying to my post. I was using the BYOL package from the marketplace. From there I used the Cloudformation conductor template.  I did this the same way twice and was unable to ssh into the instance. The third time I accessed the BYOL package from my EC2 dashboard. When stepping through the instance configuration I was not presented with the same prompt, and didn't get the option to select a template. When this instances came online I was able to access the server via ssh with the t128 username and the same ppk I created when trying to access the previous versions. 

I'm not sure why there was an issue when using the template. I may try to stand up another instance to see if I still have an access issue. 

Thanks again for following up. 

Best regards, 
    Ken

Ken Pobst

• 5.  RE: AWS Conductor - SSH access

Posted 08-03-2022 10:12
    Hello Ken,

Thank you. Please, do not hesitate to reach out if you continue to run into the issue.

Regards.
    Francisco.

Francisco Jose Mendez Cirera
    Systems Engineer