SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).

Assistance with AWS Market Place installation

• 1.  Assistance with AWS Market Place installation

Posted 06-06-2022 09:22
    Hello,
    I'm installing Conductor and a virtual SSR from AWS marketplace and following the instructions here. I'm deploying both conductor and the SSR to the same VPC at present and using the cloud formation templates to turn up the devices. Both the stacks come up correctly and I can access the devices via the GUIs. Now unfortunately the instructions here are incorrect because there is no sudo access inside of the ec2 instance meaning the configuration needs be to assumed that the pci bus config is actually correct as the mechanism specified to set can not be performed.

I've followed the command line config for the SSR through the GUI and added the device interfaces and the network interfaces plus a neighborhood as specified. The SSR reports that its Public interface is up and appears to carry traffic. However the SSR never appears at the conductor. And the conductor reports there is no communication to the SSR. I've changed the security groups for the sake of troubleshooting on the SSR and conductor and permitted ICMP. From the SSR, both the shell, and the GUI interface can ping the public IP address of the conductor. When pinging the graphs on the SSR show the traffic. However, if I look at the authority in the SSR the Conductor addresses are blank even though they were provided in the cloud formation template. Unfortunately adding the public ip address to the SSR authority still does not make it appear in conductor.

Creating the SSR in conductor with exactly the same router and node names simply produces an error that it can not communicate with the SSR. If I use the conductor shell it can ping the SSR Public IP address so there is connectivity between the conductor and SSR. There does not appear to be a mechanism to test from the conductor application level because if i try and ping and use Conductor as the Router and 128t-node as the node it returns and tells me you need to specify router other than conductor.

If I look at the Conductor Router in Conductor, and then the 128T-node i note there are no device interfaces and subsequently no network interfaces. If I try and define these but turn off forwarding (as it says you can not have forwarding on the conductor) then the router disappears from connectivity.

I've recheck the instructions and there is no information regarding any interface configuration in conductor. Are there any suggestions as to how to get this to work for testing? I've run out of idea's and my trial license is expiring in 7 days. 

Thanks.

------------------------------
    BRAD PETERS
    ------------------------------