Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.

ABR/BR router using two OSPF processes for SR-MPLS multidomain network using SR-PCE

• 1.  ABR/BR router using two OSPF processes for SR-MPLS multidomain network using SR-PCE

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 04-25-2023 10:25
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Good day!
    I have been trying to run two OSPF processes in one device performing the ABR/BR function of a multi-domain network controlled by a PCE to build the inter-domain SR-MPLS based LSP.

To fulfill this role the ABR/BR is running:

- IGP from each network domain.
    - SR-MPLS
    - Traffic-engineering
    - Only an aggregate network that cover the Infra IPs is exchange between the domains in order to establish the service layer peering between RRs. Reachability to PE loopback is achieved by the SRTE LSP calculated by the PCE and programmed in the ingress PE.

I see on documentation that using OSPF areas or ISIS levels to separate the domains works, but I am wondering if it possible and also recommended (I don't want to complicate the design) to separate the domains running two IGPs processes (one per network domain).

On the other hand, I have read that is not possible to run 2 OSPF processes globally and you need to use routing-instances.

I was trying with the routing-instance virtual-router, which seems to be the only one in which I can enable SR-MPLS, Traffic-Engineering, etc besides OSPF. The issue is that I end up with traffic reaching the ABR in a routing-instance that doesn't have the mpls.0 entries to switch the traffic to the remote domain (they are in the other routing-instance). I tried to leak the entries from one routing-instance to the other but it doesn't work as what I need is to exchange entries in the mpls.0 route table of the routing-instances.

Is there any recommended way to implement it, or better to move to OSPF with areas.

Thanks!
    Willy