Labs

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Discover how to get the most of Juniper labs and share what you've built.
  • 1.  3rd Route-Enginee ("re2")

Posted 07-22-2022 05:47

Hi guys,

Can I have a third Route-Engine on my Juniper router ?
    (I really didn't search anything in deep yet.)

I'd like to make some changes and apply new features on my production router without stoping the NSR or GRES between re0 and re1 and don't change any configuration too. (I know, this is a production environment, come on Lucas).

So, I belive that this "RE2" will help my a lot because I'll do all changes at it, and to test, I simply turn this RE2 as master (of course, Rpd, chassisd and other proccess will be restarted).

In case this new RE2 got worked whell, I'll just need to turn it as master re and sync with others.

In case it didn't work with my configurations, I don't need to rollback. Just turn the re0 (old) as master and also re1 (backup) and wait for sync process again.

this third RE will be a 'hand on the wheel' for me! :)

Does someone already saw something related ?

Kind Regards

------------------------------
    Lucas França
    Network Engineer

• 2.  RE: 3rd Route-Enginee ("re2")

Posted 07-22-2022 05:51
    There is no option to have three RE on Juniper hardware.

I don't think it would help in your scenario either.  When you switch RE without GRES and NSR it is a very disruptive process.

And there is no way to sync the state of GRES and NSR any faster as it must transfer all that data.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP - Retired)
    http://puluka.com/home