Security Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

• 1.  Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-14-2018 05:38

Hi,

This are my first attempts to learn how to use Junos Space Network Management Platform (15.2R2 build 4), fresh installed, 60 days demo mode.
    Device SRX240 is on "Out Of Sync" status. Schema version = OS version. Trying to make Resynchronize with Network but Job state is "pending" and summary is [Schema is not ready. Resync job queued.] So Sync is not working.

Can you kindly help me: what is the problem?

Thank you in advance,
    Dmitry.

• 2.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device
    Best Answer

Posted 12-14-2018 06:13
    Hi,

Which space version you are using?
    Please check fabric status in Adminstration> fabric, of App Logic is showing as UP, you should not get this error.

Last step is to restart jboss service.
    service jboss restart

Regards,
    PL

• 3.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-14-2018 06:41

Space release 15.2R2.4 (372882)

fabric status in Adminstration = App Logic is UP(Master)

"service jboss restart" helped, Sync now work automatically. Many thanks!

One more question: should I restart jboss each time when I add a new schema?

• 4.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-14-2018 06:59
    No, schema install doesn't require jboss restart.

Regards,
    Pravin

• 5.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-14-2018 07:02
    BTW, 15.2 is quite old and EOL I believe as you are just started using space better yo install latest release i.e. 18.3

• 6.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-14-2018 07:19

Yes, I will install latest, but right now my account hasn't right to download it. Seems to be I should wait for purchasing licences, I hope it will be in one month.
    However maybe you can suggest to me how to download 18.3 which I will use as demo and later add licenses?

• 7.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-14-2018 07:32

If you can login to support.juniper.net, then you should be able to download/install the latest version of Space. 

Do you not have a Juniper support?   

If you can login to support.juniper.net, then you don't have to wait for licenses to download *or* install.  The s/w will run for 30 days on a full-function eval license.    Hopefully you can secure a proper license within that time.

/doug

• 8.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-14-2018 07:46

Yes I can login to support.juniper.net, but I am able to download only junos images and NSM software. I have not support for Junos Space because I did not buy it yet.

Hence I believe it is reason why my account privileges do not permit to download Space.

• 9.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-14-2018 09:23

This makes no sense to me. Can you copy/paste whatever error it is you're getting?

You should be able to download/run Space as an eval *without* first having purchased it.

1. navigate to https://support.juniper.net/support/downloads/

2. below, where it says "Find a product", type in  "Space" and hit the blue "Find a product" button on the right.    The page should update with "Download Results for:   JUNOS SPACE NETWORK MANAGEMENT PLATFORM", defaulting to the latest version on top.     

3. if you're installing it as a virtual appliance on a VMware host select "Image for Virtual Appliance" (the ova file), or if you're installing on a VVM platform, select "KVM Image for Virtual Appliance"

Prior to the actual download, you may need to authenticate yourself again, and then "Agree" to the big red EULA. After that, it should start downloading to your browser.

Hope that gets you going.

• 10.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-14-2018 10:28
    Simple answer: contact customer care...

• 11.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-16-2018 00:47

@PML wrote:
    Simple answer: contact customer care...

Thanks, customer care solved the download issue.

• 12.  RE: Junos Space: Cannot Resync device

Posted 12-15-2018 00:43

Here is error I've getting when I click to OVA image to download it:

You have encountered this error because your account privileges do not permit access to the information or service requested. Software download entitlement is granted for customers under the following scenarios.

• Juniper Product within the first 90 days of the hardware warranty period.
    • Juniper Product which is currently under an active maintenance contract.
    • Juniper Standalone Software Subscription which is currently active.

How may I update my account privileges to enable access?

• Users with an approved Juniper Networks login account may obtain assistance by creating an Admin Service Request using our Web Case Manager or you may Contact Customer Support via telephone so that they may create a Service Request on your behalf.
    • Users who do not have a Juniper Networks login account and are interested in evaluating our software products. Please Contact Customer Support via telephone so that they may create a Service Request on your behalf.