Automation

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Apstra, Paragon, and all things network automation.

Question on JSNAPy --check

• 1.  Question on JSNAPy --check

Posted 05-16-2022 14:12

Hi.

I have the following JSNAPy config and test files:

[lab@desktop hey]$ cat config.yml

hosts:

- device: 172.25.11.1

username: lab

passwd: lab123

tests:

- test.yml

[lab@desktop hey]$ cat test.yml

check_loopback_interface:

- command: show interfaces terse lo0.0

- item:

xpath: //interface-address

tests:

- no-diff: ifa-local

err: "Test Failed"

I take two snapshots, once with my target device's loopback address = 1.1.1.1, and another with my target device's loopback address changed to 2.2.2.2.

[lab@desktop hey]$ jsnapy --snap snapshot1 -f config.yml

<<change the managed device's loopback address from 1.1.1.1 to 2.2.2.2>>

[lab@desktop hey]$ jsnapy --snap snapshot2 -f config.yml

I am able to view the diff of the two snapshots:

[lab@desktop hey]$ jsnapy --diff snapshot1 snapshot2 -f config.yml

**************************** Device: 172.25.11.1 ****************************

Tests Included: check_loopback_interface

******************** Command: show interfaces terse lo0.0 ********************

/home/lab/jsnapy/snapshots/172.25.11.1_snapshot1_show_interfaces_terse_lo0_0.xml /home/lab/jsnapy/snapshots/172.25.11.1_snapshot2_show_interface

s_terse_lo0_0.xml

up                                                                      up                                                                    

</oper-status><filter-information>                                      </oper-status><filter-information>                                    

</filter-information><address-family><address-family-name>              </filter-information><address-family><address-family-name>            

inet                                                                    inet                                                                  

</address-family-name><interface-address><ifa-local>                    </address-family-name><interface-address><ifa-local>                  

1.1.1.1                                                                 2.2.2.2                                                               

</ifa-local><ifa-destination emit="emit">                               </ifa-local><ifa-destination emit="emit">                              

0/0                                                                     0/0                                                                   

</ifa-destination></interface-address></address-family></logical-inter  </ifa-destination></interface-address></address-family></logical-inter

face></interface-information>                                           face></interface-information>      

However, I am unable to execute the JSNAPy test to see whether the snapshots have different loopback addresses (from  no-diff: ifa-local in the test file)

[lab@desktop hey]$ jsnapy --check snapshot1 snapshot2 -f config.yml

**************************** Device: 172.25.11.1 ****************************

Tests Included: check_loopback_interface

******************** Command: show interfaces terse lo0.0 ********************

------------------------------- Final Result!! -------------------------------

check_loopback_interface : Skipped

Total No of tests passed: 0

Total No of tests failed: 0

None of the test cases executed !!!

I expected the above test to fail since the snapshots have different loopback addresses. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Deepak

Juniper Business Use Only