Wireless

View Only
last person joined: 15 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Mist APs, Marvis, and all things wireless and Wi-Fi.
  • 1.  Can Cisco External Antennas & Mounting hardware be used with Mist APs

Posted 06-24-2021 15:41
    They look like the same and hence was just curious if Cisco External Antennas & Mounting hardware be used with Mist APs!

------------------------------
    JACK LAN

• 2.  RE: Can Cisco External Antennas & Mounting hardware be used with Mist APs

Posted 06-25-2021 10:53
    in theory an antenna is an antenna... So as long as the connector type is the same they should work. Third party antennas work great with multiple MFG so as long as Cisco doesn't do anything too strange it should work.

I wouldn't go buy Cisco antennas (If I'm going external I use Acceltex usually), but if you had them and the connectors are the same should be fine. You probably wouldn't get a ton of official support if you ran into problems though :p

Allyn Crowe

• 3.  RE: Can Cisco External Antennas & Mounting hardware be used with Mist APs

Posted 06-26-2021 11:31
    Antennas are compatible as long as the connector and impedance are correct from any vendor.

I've heard verbally in some of the webinars that Mist AP were designed to be able to use Cisco mounting hardware to assist with direct transitions.  I've also had that experience with other vendors too.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home