Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.

MPLS dynamic tunnels and CoS

• 1.  MPLS dynamic tunnels and CoS

Posted 04-12-2022 18:32
    Hey Guys,

I'm studying the wonderful subject of MPLS and my mind is constantly asking questions when trying to envisage a full setup.

One such questions is:

If you configure an LSP next-hop under CoS, will it be able to reference dynamically created (MPLS auto-mesh) LSPs?
    Because the value you specify for the lsp-next-hop is a regex, but I'm worried it'll only hit static configuration, as opposed to dynamically looking at tunnels that are also created automatically.

For example, in the following hypothetical (and unfinished, but hopefully enough detail to get the point across) configuration, I have a CoS next-hop action referencing any LSP with the name "voice" in it, but only dynamic tunnels would be created with the word "voice" in it in this configuration, would CoS find those tunnels to send traffic down?:

[edit class-of-service forwarding-policy]
    next-hop-map voice-cos {
        expedited-forwarding {
            lsp-next-hop "*voice*";
        }
    }​
    [edit routing-options]
    dynamic-tunnels  {
        dynamic-voice-tunnels {
            rsvp-te voice-tunnel {
                label-switched-path-template {
                    dynamic-voice-tunnels-template;
                }
                destination-networks {
                    209.99.100.0/24;
                } 
            }
        }
    }

[edit protocols mpls]
    admin-groups {
        voice 2;
    }
    label-switched-path dynamic-voice-tunnels-template {
    	admin-group {
    		include-all voice;
    	}
        template;
        adaptive;
    }

I appreciate this is a complex subject and I've only provided a small part of the necessary configuration (and topology), but just trying to understand this conceptually for now. Otherwise, except for automation to lighten the configuration load, I can't see a good way to scale utilising DiffServ paths (I've a lot of reading to do still of course).

Thanks in advance,

Kindest Regards,

Andrey