Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Question for RSVP with cspf and no-cspf

Posted 03-25-2022 09:32
    In my understanding, when traffic engineering extensions are enabled, I do not have to use no-cspf.
    The Junos implementation is IS-IS enables traffic engineering by default. If I use IS-IS as IGP, I do not have to use no-cspf.  Is that right ?

But when I did a lab with RSVP with four routers, 3 are PEs and 1 is P.  I enabled RSVP and  specified the LSP, but no RSVP session was up until I used no-cspf.

What did I miss here?

thanks in advance !!

• 2.  RE: Question for RSVP with cspf and no-cspf
    Best Answer

Posted 03-25-2022 17:35
    Hi.

Traffic engineering extensions does not enable CSPF. They are two different things.

Traffic engineering extensions allow interfaces to include their RSVP parameters (BW, admin groups, SRLG, TE-metric) in their flooded IGP messages.
    That would be pointless unless you configure your RSVP LSP's ingress to run CSPF, which computes an LSP path taking into consideration the RSVP parameters of all the network interfaces.

--Deepak

• 3.  RE: Question for RSVP with cspf and no-cspf

Posted 03-25-2022 19:34
    thanks so much !!