Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  Juniper vMX

Posted 04-28-2022 16:48
    Hi Guys,
    I'm trying to play a bit with juniper vMX and I want to implement PAT but I don't know how to do it.
    I've set up a basic topology in gns3 with a vMX and two cisco routers configure the following ip on cisco R1 95.77.183.1/27 as an ISP router and R1 from cisco with 10.0.77.253/24.
    vMX has to act as a nat gateway and translate 10.0.77.253 into 95.77.183.30 but I couldn't find a documentation to help me do nat on this vmx .
    Can you help me please ?

------------------------------
    ALEXANDRU VASI

• 2.  RE: Juniper vMX

Posted 04-29-2022 09:53
    I don't know if it is supported under vMX, but this is how NAT is configured on MX series routers (which the vMX would also fall under):

NAT Configuration Overview | Juniper Networks

Judging by this thread: NAT support on vMX | vMX (juniper.net) there were some issues with it in the past, but not sure if it works/is supported nowadays.

• 3.  RE: Juniper vMX

Posted 04-29-2022 12:39
    Alexandru, 

i dont see the VMX supporting NAT services, usually we require Multiservices cards to support this feature on a real MX, what you can try maybe is INLINE NAT, below an example on how to configure it in a MX:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/nat-inline-next-hop-style-hairpinning.html

Thanks,

GABRIEL FLORES

• 4.  RE: Juniper vMX

Posted 05-02-2022 15:48
    Unfortunately, vMX does not and will not ever support NAT.  If you want NAT, you should use a vSRX in front of the vMX in your gns3 topology.

Eric Van Tol