Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.

2 separate virtual chassis EX3400's connected by twinax 10gb cable on XE ports

• 1.  2 separate virtual chassis EX3400's connected by twinax 10gb cable on XE ports

Posted 03-21-2022 05:29
    We have two distinct virtual chassis EX3400's.. There are two ex3400s in each virtual-chassis, all configured completely separate from one another.. When I went to uplink the two stacks together by10gb twinax SFP cables, the ex3400 on the 1st set of switches, which was set as preprovisioned and set as the role routing-engine, with the serial number in the virtual-chassis section, completely lost its mind and became a line-card role and all the ports completely shut down.

I even went to the extent of zeroizing the switches and  inputting the commands again.
    Each stack of EX3400s are connected by the QSFP+ 40gb cables on the back of the switches.

I read somewhere that you can create virtual chassis connections by 10gb uplinks, and maybe is that causing a problem thinking I am adding additional switches to the stacks even though they are not in the configuration for that?

We have alot of multi ex3400 stacks that are uplinked by 1gb sfp connections but this is the only set that uses the 10gb twinax, and the first time I have seen this issue come up.

I have a 10gb twinax going from each stack in an aggregated ethernet setup for redundancy purposes.

set chassis aggregated-devices ethernet device-count 2

set interfaces xe-0/2/0 ether-options 802.3ad ae0
    set interfaces xe-1/2/0 ether-options 802.3ad ae0

set interfaces ae0 native-vlan-id XX
    set interfaces ae0 aggregated-ether-options minimum-links 1
    set interfaces ae0 aggregated-ether-options link-speed 10g
    set interfaces ae0 aggregated-ether-options lacp active
    set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching interface-mode trunk
    set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members all

------------------------------
    ROBERT GRAHAM
    ------------------------------