Switching

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.

Simple L3 routing with RIP advertisement of route

• 1.  Simple L3 routing with RIP advertisement of route

Posted 03-29-2022 14:22
    I haven't been able to find a specific example for what I'm trying to do, or maybe I'm not understanding the documentation. I've mostly used old BLADEOS switches for this in the past, and am trying to migrate to Juniper EX series switches. On BLADE you'd assign an IP address to a VLAN, enable routing for that, and turn on RIP (and this was in a web page). 

I have a network with a bunch of VLANS that get routed in different places. Sometimes I add a new subnet and hang it off a new switch, so this is what I'm trying to do:

Network A (192.168.1.0/24)----> (Trunk with tagged VLANS 100,101,102,103) -----> New Switch ------> (ports with VLANS 100,101,102,103) AND now (ports with VLAN 104). VLAN 104 will be a new subnet, that I want to route on "New Switch" and advertise back up to "Network A" via RIP.

My best understanding from the docs so far is I create a subinterface for a vlan on the trunk port like
    set unit 0 vlan-id 104
    Then I assign the IP address to the unit?
    set unit 0 family inet address 1.1.1.1/24
    Then I create a static route?
    set routing-options static route 192.168.1.0/24 next-hop 1.1.1.1
    Though it seems more like I need to say if it's for 1.1.1.0/24? So maybe?
    set routing-options static route 1.1.1.0/24 next-hop 172.16.1.2
    Then I need to enable RIP:
    set protocols rip group rip-group export advertise-routes-through-rip
    set policy-options policy-statement advertise-routes-through-rip term 1 from protocol direct
    set policy-options policy-statement advertise-routes-through-rip term 1 from protocol rip
    set policy-options policy-statement advertise-routes-through-rip term 1 then accept

Am I even close here? Thanks

------------------------------
    JAMES PULVER
    ------------------------------