Switching

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Configure PPPoE Intermedia Agent (IA) on Switch ?

Posted 05-21-2014 04:17

Dear all !

I'm looking for a way to add attribute agent-circuit-id/remote-circuit-id to PPPoE packet on EX switch like PPPoE intermedia agent on Cisco switch but cannot.

Please help me 

• 2.  RE: Configure PPPoE Intermedia Agent (IA) on Switch ?

Posted 05-21-2014 04:43

Very likely this is not supported on EX platform. Or at least not configuring it directly on the switch.

Others can comment on this if they've used any workaround.

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.

• 3.  RE: Configure PPPoE Intermedia Agent (IA) on Switch ?
    Best Answer

Posted 05-23-2014 05:22

PPPOE is not supported on EX platforms.  The best place to confirm feature availabiltiy is to use Feature Explorer on the documentation site.

a quick search for PPPOE yeilds this matrix.

PPPOEfeatureexplore.PNG

• 4.  RE: Configure PPPoE Intermedia Agent (IA) on Switch ?

Posted 05-26-2014 18:22

Thank you for your replies. 

I know some cheap switch support this feature so why Juniper doesn't support it 🙂

@spuluka wrote:

PPPOE is not supported on EX platforms.  The best place to confirm feature availabiltiy is to use Feature Explorer on the documentation site.

a quick search for PPPOE yeilds this matrix.

PPPOEfeatureexplore.PNG

• 5.  RE: Configure PPPoE Intermedia Agent (IA) on Switch ?

Posted 05-26-2014 18:38

I'm not sure if adding PPPOE will be on the EX roadmap or not.  You can check with your sales engineer or partner.

I would guess that Juniper sees this feature as one that needs to have the security package features on the device to use.  Since you would generally be connecting to the internet with such a protocol they would expect it would be terminated on a device with security policy enabled.  Hence the SRX, J series and ScreenOS implementations.