Training and Certification

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Which Juniper Certification Track to choose

Posted 05-14-2021 05:01
    Need an advise on which Juniper Certification Track to pursue.
    My background - I have 14 years of experience. Most of my work involved Cisco devices - R&S and DC technologies & now bit of Security (Palo Alto & Fotinet firewalls)
    I had a chance to configure Juniper M and T series routers back in those days (read 2008-2009). After that I haven't got a chance to work on any Juniper devices.
    Now I am interested in achieving S, P & E level certs in any of the track - SP or ENT or DC. I did JNCIA-Junos, JNCIA-Sec & JNCDA last year. 
    Keeping this info, kindly suggest me a track. Also please consider which JNCIE track would have more value in future, say 2-3 years from now since I will have to invest so much time and money. 
    PS - There is no sponsorship from my org, all the exam cost would be on my shoulders.

• 2.  RE: Which Juniper Certification Track to choose

Posted 05-14-2021 05:14
    The Juniper equipment and application would be the driver of your track choices.

What vertical are you working in and with what network applications are your responsibilities that you see going forward?

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 3.  RE: Which Juniper Certification Track to choose

Posted 05-14-2021 10:13
    Hi Steve - Currently I do not work on any juniper devices. However I would like to choose a track based on suggestions here and work on the respective devices as per scope of the exam / certification. 
    Also I see lot of JNCIE-SP engineers when compared to other tracks like DC, ENT or Cloud. Also I see lot of free materials available in Juniper Learning portal for SP track in JNCIS and JNCIP certification exam.

• 4.  RE: Which Juniper Certification Track to choose

Posted 07-19-2021 09:58
    if you are expert , I think you should go with cloud or data center track , if you are in beginning of your carrier , i would prefer to go with Routing and switching or security 
    that is my opinion .

Ziad Al-showaiter

• 5.  RE: Which Juniper Certification Track to choose

Posted 07-20-2021 11:38
    Thank you Ziad. Appreciate your response. I completed my JNCIS-SP last month. I will consider your advise about JNCIx-DC.