Labs

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Intervlan Routing on VQFX

Posted 01-13-2021 08:50
    Hey guys, 
    I want to configure intervlan routing using IRB interfaces on vQFX. I saw the lab design as follow on juniper vlabs page and I tried that design in my EVE VM.
    I configured the same design and configuration with the one on Juniper vlabs. The problem is that even though configurations are the same, I can ping both IRB interfaces but I can
    t ping between hosts. I can easily ping them when I tried with Juniper Vlab. I tried to troubleshoot but can't figure out what is wrong. I hope you guys can help me.
    Thanks in advance. 

Configuration

• 2.  RE: Intervlan Routing on VQFX

Posted 01-14-2021 10:20
    Solved the issue. There was interface speed mismatch between host and qfx

• 3.  RE: Intervlan Routing on VQFX

Posted 01-19-2021 11:55

Glad that you solved it :)

One thing regarding the vQFX and EVE-NG:
    Make sure to use 17.4 as of this release works really well in terms of EVPN and the vQFX.

18.x and 19.x seem to have "strange side-effects" which sometimes results in either traffic-loss or one device thinking it's a VC-Member (which breaks the vQFX since it can't do VC).

BR
    Christian

------------------------------
    Christian Scholz
    Juniper Networks Ambassador | JNCIE-SEC #374
    Mail: chs@ip4.de
    Blog: jncie.eu | Twitter: @chsjuniper | YT-Channel: netchron
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Intervlan Routing on VQFX

Posted 01-19-2021 19:48
    Thanks.
    I will keep that in mind.