Certifications

• 1.  JNCIA study guides

Posted 03-18-2017 22:31

Used the Junos Genious and the Juniper study guide, seems only a handfull of questions were on the test.

Needless to say I failed, not happy about that.

Are there any resources for subnetting and policies/filters,  that are one on one or someone willing to instruct with a fee. I also took the two day class for JNCIA via webex.

Thanks, going to try again after I can understand subnetting better.

• 2.  RE: JNCIA study guides
    Best Answer

Posted 03-19-2017 04:57

Which study guide did you use?

Unfortunately there is a very old JNCIA book out there for free that was when the topics on the exam were very different than they are today.

The current exam was covered by a study guide set on the old "Fast Track" site, but this is off line for a revamp until May.

Here is what I would recommend:

Review Exam Outline:
    this is exactly where the questions will come from on the test.  Make sure you understand the topics listed and look up specifics on those where you are weak.

Take the pretest to get a feel for the questions.  Note what you get wrong (screen grab) for further study against the outline.
    But do NOT take this or the Junos Genius exams repeatedly.  If you do you will simply end up memorizing the questions and not necessarily learning the topics.

Junos as a Second Language: online course to practice cli commands
    https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=3310 

Review the courseware books for the class you too.  They cover most of the topics in the outline above.

Additional free books that cover the basics.

• 3.  RE: JNCIA study guides

Posted 03-20-2017 11:01

Search the web for these two files:

JNCIA-Junos-P1_2012-12-19.pdf

JNCIA-Junos-P2_2012-12-20.pdf

You will find there everything you have to know to pass JNCIA-Junos.

• 4.  RE: JNCIA study guides

Posted 11-18-2017 05:49
    Would definitely suggest login on to the portal and registering for the open learning provided by Gordon Mosey and Lawrence Rust. I have just completed it and it gave me a start to the learning and re-enforced with the learning byte I can see that as a good route for this exam👍