Certifications

• 1.  Cloud CPE Solutions (JNCIA Cloud)

Posted 05-16-2020 11:50

So, I'm learning JNCIA-Cloud.

In the Cloud CPE Topic, I learned that Service Providers provide cloud cpe services to customers and manage the devices and services via Internet or MPLS Cloud. So, what I want to know is that :

"What about the Internet Service?"

"Does the Internet service or MPLS l2VPN services comes together with Cloud CPE Services if customer is going to purchase"

"Or those two are completely different services that are not bundled with each other?

Please enlighten me.

• 2.  RE: Cloud CPE Solutions (JNCIA Cloud)

Posted 05-17-2020 09:10

The focus of the CPE chapter here is to contrast a typical edge deploy that has dedicate function devices at customer sites with this newer "cloud" deploy that uses a virtualization platform deploying VNF virtual machines with the potential to service chain features instead.

Whether or not traditional ethernet layer2 or 3 services or internet services are deployed at the site is beside the point of the module.  With these virtualized VNF CPE the focus shifts from basic connectivity options like internet or ethernet services, to service chains and virtual links between sites based on these service chain policies.

• 3.  RE: Cloud CPE Solutions (JNCIA Cloud)

Posted 05-17-2020 11:49

So, I have to assume that customer already have some types of L2VPN Services or Internet Service? 

• 4.  RE: Cloud CPE Solutions (JNCIA Cloud)
    Best Answer

Posted 05-18-2020 02:40

Not necessarily, the point is that the new CPE allows for more and different services.  And the ability to manage the CPE over the internet means it can be deployed with SD-WAN services on other carrier circuits.  

So the carrier may or may not supply the underlay connectivity.

The chaper is focused on the service chaining and virtualization features not in the overall solution.

• 5.  RE: Cloud CPE Solutions (JNCIA Cloud)

Posted 05-18-2020 04:26

I see.

Thanks for your explanation and time.