Certifications

• 1.  JNCIE

Posted 10-20-2020 08:17

Regards,

• 2.  Re: What are the benefits to become a JNCIE?

Posted 10-20-2020 12:58

I personally did not become JNCIE to Join Juniper.

The JNCIE opened up so many career doors on my way that I would never want to miss it.

The amount of CCIE's is significantly higher - but that makes the JNCIE so "special" compared to the mass.

I don't think, that you have to be a JNCIE to join Juniper - have you applied for open positions at Juniper yet?

• 3.  Re: What are the benefits to become a JNCIE?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-21-2020 03:07

Vendor certifications like the JNCIE are NOT about getting hired by that vendor but learning deeply how to utilize the vendor products in the best and most effective ways.  This can be at vendors, partners that sell vendor product or at end user companies.

Hiring is a multi factor process.  In my experience hiring managers look at the sum total of broad areas of candidates and pick the best OVERALL choice for the particular position.  The major factors I have seen are:

• education & knowledge (this is the factor where certifications are applicable)
    • practical experience at job related topics and tasks
    • good fit for career goals - are the responsibilities of the job items the candidate actually wants to be doing
    • good fit with team operations - is the candidate personality compatible with the team

One of the weaknesses in most hiring processes is when you don't get a job there is generally NO feedback.  So you have no idea why you are not the best candidate and what if anything you could do to improve your odds.  This is especially true of the "good fit" areas as they are so subjective.

• 4.  RE: Re: What are the benefits to become a JNCIE?

Posted 07-19-2021 10:56
    I recently passed JNCIE-ENT. I really enjoyed the whole process I went through. Juniper training and certification programs are really good and shining.