Community Talk

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Learn how to best utilize the Elevate community and hear first about community updates.
Expand all | Collapse all

How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Erdem

Erdem07-28-2008 08:27

• 1.  How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 07-28-2008 08:27

HI!

subj

• 2.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 07-28-2008 17:45

Please go to this URL to access the icon library:

http://www.juniper.net/products_and_services/product_icon_and_visio_stencil/index.html

Regards,

ac

J-Net Admin 

• 3.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 07-28-2008 23:08
    Thx for reply, but i need icons, which Juniper uses in all its documentation, it look like common icons for routers, swiches etc.

• 4.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 07-30-2008 11:22

Hi d00d,

I've talked to our Marcom department about this, and unfortunately we are unable to give the icon graphics used in our documentation away at this point due to licensing issues. I will keep you updated if this policy changes in the future.

Regards,

ac

J-Net Admin 

• 5.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 01-27-2011 20:02

I'm looking this kind of icon too.

I think this icon is great for sales presentation.

Please let me know if the policy has been changes.

Regards,

Wilson Sihombing.

• 6.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 02-12-2011 10:44

And i just got a customer case opened on this as well. Demand seems high... -Keith

• 7.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 02-13-2011 12:51

It sounds like the icons were purchased as a license to use in the documentation and not to redistribute as graphics themselves.

Why not just publish the copyright owner company and the license purchase and/or contact information.

• 8.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 02-14-2011 21:22

I hate to dredge up an old topic, but I just opened a jtac case looking for information on the same marketing generic icons for routers used in the juniper documentation and the jtac engineer directed me to this thread. Any update on this topic after 3 years?

• 9.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 10-25-2011 21:39

seems no one care on this subject from juniper  Smiley Sad

• 10.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 07-07-2012 20:53

This NEEDS to happen. Visio is a joke for serious schematics. Cisco releases all their icons in several formats (color, b+w, jpg, png). As mentioned earlier, give us a link to the licensor and we'll buy them if required. Just give us some options here.

• 11.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 08-12-2013 23:28

Hello,

Any new info or update about this please?

• 12.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 08-28-2013 06:19

• 13.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 08-28-2013 06:52

Hi,

As mentioned in previous posts, this thread talks about icons not actual product stencils.

I hope there is an official responce to this, I think these icons (like the ones used in student guides) are the property of Juniper.

• 14.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 08-28-2013 07:03
    Parden me, but can you describe/define the type of icon you are looking for?
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/icon

Is this for network diagrams? Have you checked with you Juniper Representative on this?

• 15.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 08-28-2013 07:11

Hi,

If you wish you can review the thread from start.

• 16.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 08-28-2013 08:52

Hello-

I checked in with our Marcom team and the policy still stands with regards to Juniper icons, which was stated in a post from 2008 by "ac" within this thread.  We are unable to give the icon graphics used in our documentation away due to licensing issues and we do not redistribute them. 

Thanks!

Julie

• 17.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 08-28-2013 17:51

I assume that since they are licensed from a vendor they are not exclusive to Juniper either. 

Why not give the link/name of the copyright owner company so the partners can purchase their own license for the collection?

• 18.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 08-29-2013 06:33

Dear Julie,

Thanks for your kind reply. It would be great to know the information Steve asked for (thanks). Because, as you know, a good set of design icons can have a positive effect on customers as it represents a professional image for any J-Partner (we are Elite btw).

• 19.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 08-29-2013 14:23

XFuse-

I think the best way to address this as a partner is to contact your Juniper Partner Account Manager to discuss your need for these icons.  That way they can work as the go between with your company and the right Juniper Marketing contacts.

Thank you!

Julie

• 20.  RE: How Juniper's Partner can get Icon library?

Posted 04-04-2015 14:19

in terms of competing with Cisco, this is one of those things isn't it where something small can make a BIG difference.

how hard is it to produce icons/stencils for a major network manufacturer, for its fan base designers/architects to use. 

its form of marketing Juniper, a quick win. wake up please and smell the coffee !!