Community Talk

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Learn how to best utilize the Elevate community and hear first about community updates.
  • 1.  Prometric - TERRIBLE Customer service

Posted 11-02-2009 12:27

Hi - I just wanted to post on what a HORRIBLE experience I had when attempting to take a Prometric exam. I was trying finally finish off my JNO-330 before the test was retired and due to a bunch of work commitments I ended up putting it off until the last day 11/1.

I scheduled my test and showed up to take it. The test center went to download the test and could not do so due to some problems at the Prometric data center. 8 hours later I left the test center - never having been able to take the test.

The Prometric customer service department that the test center dealt with was completely useless - and that was before they stopped bothering to answer the phone. We attempted to contact them  and when we got through we had one brief conversation when they told the test center to "try again" due to some server problems on their end -

They did indeed "try again" with no luck - we then called the Proemtric support center back and never got anything but a recording - we waited almost 3 hours on hold before giving up.

In my 8 hours of waiting I had a lot of chances to talk to other testees - they all commented on various negative experiences that they have had with Prometrics and how much better Vue was as a testing company.

I now must focus on the JNO-331 and figure out what changes in focus exist between the two certifications.  I spent a lot of time and energy prepping and studying for this exam and just because I left it to the last day - I should not be penalized for the utter incompetence of Juniper's testing partner - but I am!

Now I have to fight them to try and get my money back and I am sure that will be as pleasant as the three hours that we spent waiting for a non-existent help desk employee to bother to answer a phone.

Thanks to Juniper for choosing such a great company to work with!

• 2.  RE: Prometric - TERRIBLE Customer service

Posted 11-02-2009 14:56

HI Kevin,

I am terribly sorry to hear about your negative experience. I will forward this to our training and certification department and ask them to look into this.

ac

• 3.  RE: Prometric - TERRIBLE Customer service
    Best Answer

Posted 11-03-2009 13:03

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we also apologize for your experience at Prometric.  I have been in contact with our dedicated Account Manager in assisting in this matter.  Please expect to be contacted by Prometric to setup a date to take the JN0-330 as you attempted on November 1st.  We are going to reopen this exam version so you can fairly take this test for which you've been preparing.

As for the long wait times and poor customer service you experienced, we are working with those groups withiin Prometric to address these issues.  Several procedures are in place to audit and resolve issues like this and we're sorry you had to encounter such an experience firsthand.  We work very hard to protect the integrity of our program and Juniper Training overall. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.  You can email me directly at kfreitas@juniper.net or call at 408 936 2637.

Regards,

Kevin

• 4.  RE: Prometric - TERRIBLE Customer service

Posted 11-03-2009 17:15

Kevin - thank you very much for your prompt and very responsive reply to my rant. I appreciate very much your efforts in resolving my specific issue. I also wish you the best of luck in working with Prometric on the larger customer service challenges.

As a reseller partner of Junipers studying and testing is essential for us to maintain our relationship with Juniper and for all of our engineers to be fully conversant in the Juniper product line so that we can sell and implement it properly and maintain the quality standard that is expected of us as partners. But time to do that is sorely lacking

So to lose a day and not get my testing in was quite stressful. Your assistance in helping me get beyond this problem is greatly appreciated! Now I better go pass 🙂