Innovators Circle

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

A research-driven circle where members share feedback to help impact Juniper's direction. Members gain opportunities for rewards through e-gift cards and exclusive content. To become a member, simply click “Join Community” and follow the quick prompts.
  • 1.  Juniper EX3400 pair in a Virtual-Chassis issues routing through uplink aggregation port-channel

Posted 03-05-2021 18:42
    We are having issues with a pair of EX3400s gaining access to our network running 18.3R3.8.

The pair of switches are in a virtual-chassis with a port-channel pair of interfaces up-linked to another EX3400 stack.

We can't seem to ping from the switch beyond the first hop switch while the aggregation  port-channel is up.

We are noticing that when we disconnect one leg on our 2 port port-channel up-link then we can route without issue. (Doesn't matter which leg is removed.)

When we plug in the second port-channel interface, systems that were connected stay up but new user access ports can't access the network or pull dhcp addresses.

If anyone has seen this behavior and has a solution I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thank you

• 2.  RE: Juniper EX3400 pair in a Virtual-Chassis issues routing through uplink aggregation port-channel

Posted 03-08-2021 14:23
    We had a case that was similar to this.  The version of SW we were using was different.  If you open a case, have your engineer look at PR1466423 (https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1466423) to see whether this issue you are having is the same.  We ultimately had to upgrade the SW to get things straightened out.

• 3.  RE: Juniper EX3400 pair in a Virtual-Chassis issues routing through uplink aggregation port-channel

Posted 03-08-2021 14:35
    Thanks for the feedback mrburkem ,

I'll forward your info on to Juniper support. Still waiting on a reply from Friday.

I was able to get it to pass traffic through the AE Port-Channel only after I put it on my bench.
    The weird thing is, we rebooted the virtual-chassis several times in production to no avail.