Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.

If you have a question or a use case, likely there are others out there who are experiencing or worked through the same thing. Don't hesitate to jump in and ask or share your knowledge!

Need additional guidance?  Check out these Juniper Resources.

Documentation Day One Books Knowledge Base Junos Software Versions

Latest Discussion Posts

• Don't delay, upgrade from Junos releases 12.x, 14.x, 15.x, and 16.x! Effective February 15, 2024, Junos releases 14.x and 16.x cases will no longer be eligible for technical support. Effective August 31, 2024, Junos releases 12.x ...

5 people recommend this.
  • Thanks Gavin, I also have never read that in any docs. All I'm aware of is the vmhost power-off commands to gracefully bring down an MX. Are you aware otherwise? I mean do you have an understanding that the Juniper-recommended procedure for correctly ...

• Hi Aaron, Great Question... The impact/risk of not waiting is not mentioned in the Juniper documentation. Nor is there any option to shut down the FPCs, from the power-off command. You would have to execute the request chassis fpc offline command ...

• Interesting Gavin, about your mention of the 10 minute wait period for FPC shutdown… is this statement true of MX960? I'm asking because I usually shutdown the BURE and then the master RE… then a few seconds later power off the power supplies by flipping ...

• Hello, Try to change GPT on MBR with FAT32 on USB. Format the USB in Windows laptop with FAT32 or in Linux. It might turn out that GPT is not recognized in FreeBSD/Junos. ------------------------------ WBW, Dmitriy ---------------------------- ...

• Hi aljoush, >I do see the option for link-mode on the copper ports but not on the fiber uplink ports. We never see link-mode option on fiber ports, because fiber ports always work in full duplex mode. Actually, "speed" command means nothing ...

1 person recommends this.
  • Hi all, I am new to Juniper. I have configured my SRX300 which can only access 80, 443, 21 and 22 ports. Would like to know that there are any approaches to confirm the other ports that are blocked? Much appreciative if there is someone who knows ...

Announcements

Unanswered Posts

Top Contributors in the Community