Log in to ask questions, share your expertise, or stay connected to content you value. Don’t have a login? Learn how to become a member.
Thank you to all who participated in our recent survey about the importance of sustainability efforts and green product offerings to networking technology users like yourself! Here are some snippets of what your peers in the networking industry said:
· 82% of you said that a supplier's sustainability efforts are important to customers.
· A product's energy efficiency is the most commonly cited sustainability criterion of procurement selection-cited by almost 80% of you.
· The most critical sustainability metrics are Telecommunications Energy Efficiency Ratio score and carbon footprint calculation.
· Videos/webinars, whitepapers and product literature are your preferred formats for learning more about Juniper's sustainability efforts--delivered over email or on Juniper.net.
Here's what the Juniper team in charge of this study had to say: "Thank you to all who participated in this study! We recently released our 2023 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, which details our sustainability goals and actions in the past year. Here are some highlights:
· We earned recognition from Ethisphere which named Juniper as one of its 2023 World's Most Ethical Companies™. This is Juniper's fifth such recognition by this esteemed global leader in the field.
· We set expectations with our global suppliers that we are targeting a 10% reduction in supply chain carbon footprint by 2025 and a 25% reduction by 2030 (from a 2021 baseline).
· We launched the ACX7000 family of Cloud Metro routers that consume up to 77% lower power than our industry competitors' products.
· Our India Excellence Centre offices and labs just commissioned a solar power plant that's projected to save approximately 570,000 tons of CO2 emissions over the project's lifetime.
· For the first time, in this year's report, we're disclosing risks and opportunities in line with the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
And your input in this study will help Juniper better understand what more we can do to fulfill our sustainability commitments in the year ahead."