Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Root password changed in virtual chassis with 2 members of EX4300 switches but...

Posted 08-25-2022 09:18
    Hi All,

I have a setup of a virtual chassis with 2 members of EX4300 switches. I have changed the root password by login into the virtual chassis by command

"set system root-authentication plain-text-password"

Question is, does the new root password changed on both EX4300 switches or just on Master member switch? If both members are separated will the new root
    password work on both switches, can some one give me info. Thank you.

Regards

------------------------------
    KALEEMULLAH MOHAMMED

• 2.  RE: Root password changed in virtual chassis with 2 members of EX4300 switches but...

Posted 08-25-2022 13:16
    The config is synchronized to all members. If the VC is split, then all members configured with role = routing-engine will operate as standalone switches, with interface numbers reflecting the member number of the switch. Switches configured with role = line-card will come up with limited functionality and will need to be reset to operate as a standalone switch.

• 3.  RE: Root password changed in virtual chassis with 2 members of EX4300 switches but...

Posted 08-26-2022 08:15
    Hi,

Thankyou. It seems both switches are configured as role=routing-engine, so i suppose the root password will be same for both switches.

Regards

KALEEMULLAH MOHAMMED