Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  qfx5120-48y ESI LAG

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 12-15-2022 09:07
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

I've run into this issue in a cpl of versions.  I have two 48y switches with an AE ESI LAG uplink to a pair of Cisco NX-OS switches running VPC back to me.  In multiple versions of Junos, traffic ceases traversing the AE  unless I turn off one side of the Junos AE.  It is important to note, that the LAG still shows collecting and distributing when traffic is not flowing. 

If I turn off AE1 or just AE1's physical ports on switch A but leave it up on switch B, traffic starts flowing.  You can do this on either side with the same result.  Also, I have the same  AE setups running to  Proxies, Servers, storage, and other juniper switches, with no issues. Only the Cisco's have issue.

I have a case opened on this but its been hard to troubleshoot.  I'm just looking to see if anyone else has seen this and if you resolved it.

• 2.  RE: qfx5120-48y ESI LAG

Posted 12-16-2022 12:38
    What do the logs say, any errors? My guess is that the Cisco interfaces are going into a shutdown state because of an error.  Are they setup in an etherchannel? do you have the # of AE in the config on the juniper side?​

------------------------------
    ROBERT GRAHAM
    ------------------------------