Training and Certification

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  JNCIE-SP Automation Scripts section clarification

Posted 10-17-2022 11:25
    While keeping it within  NDA, I am looking to see if further clarification can be made on the Automation Scripts portion of the blueprint which include the following:

Automation scripts

• NETCONF
    • Event options
    • Phyton on-box op, commit, event, and SNMP scripts (<-- Typo in official blueprint BTW)

This section is the most concerning to me as while event-options is pretty shallow in depth, Python and NETCONF are most definitely not. I at least have some familiarity with NETCONF, I have next to no experience with Python and I have concerns that this may severely impact me during the exam.

At least in the Self Study Bundle, it covers the event-options and commit, event and SNMP scripts which appear to be just having the knowledge on applying the SLAX scripts, however, it does not cover NETCONF or Python. My question would be if this is similar (applying scripts only) to the NETCONF and Python portions as well or does it require having having a decent understanding of both and their languages?

• 2.  RE: JNCIE-SP Automation Scripts section clarification

Posted 11-04-2022 11:23
    Hello,

I am sorry for the delay in response to your query about the JNCIE-SP automation tasks and objectives.

To complete the task(s) in the exam, general knowledge of on-box scripts and understanding of related protocols are required. The exam does not require a deep understanding of scripting languages itself.

I hope this helps focus your efforts a little better.

------------------------------
    Josh Verhaal
    ------------------------------