vMX

View Only
last person joined: 10 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about vMX.
Expand all | Collapse all

full shutdown of VCP and VFP nodes and reboot of the VM on EVE-NG can sometimes cause all interfaces on vMX and vQFX to not appear

• 1.  full shutdown of VCP and VFP nodes and reboot of the VM on EVE-NG can sometimes cause all interfaces on vMX and vQFX to not appear

Posted 12-13-2022 12:52

Hello All,
    I am having so many hoops to jump through when setting up the virtual environment on EVE-NG. One of these issues is that interfaces are not coming back up on the vMX cluster, or when they do, for no reason decide to stop functioning.
    I have attached the bootup logs and they interfaces most of the time come up after a few mins but then I get this message below from the VCP
    Message from syslogd@LAB-R2 at Dec 13 12:55:10 ...
    LAB-R2 fpc0 CMLC: Going disconnected; Routing engine chassis socket closed abruptly

and from the VFP
    root@localhost:~# hrtimer: interrupt took 51114182 ns

I get a bunch of errors in the attached too, and I don't know why this happens now with existing nodes before the reboot, if i create a new set of nodes it seems to be fine. Until I need to reboot the VM or reboot the vMX by request system power-off

the vMX is runing Junos: 17.4R1.16

the WindRiver Linux VFP 6.0.0.13
    I am unable to view the logs on WindRiver due to root denied permissions
    oot@localhost:~# /var/log/boot
    -sh: /var/log/boot: Permission denied
    root@localhost:~# /var/log/messages
    -sh: /var/log/messages: Permission denied
    root@localhost:~# /var/log/pfe.log
    -sh: /var/log/pfe.log: Permission denied
    root@localhost:~# ^C
    root@localhost:~#

I am unsure if or which Junos logs would help.

I have found it really challenging the set up an EVE-NG server with the Junos Volumes Juniper provide, and any easy help would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    WILLIAM ROULLIER

Attachment(s)

txt
    LAB-VMX-VFP-R2.txt   12 KB 1 version
    txt
    LAB-VMX-VCP-R2.txt   50 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: full shutdown of VCP and VFP nodes and reboot of the VM on EVE-NG can sometimes cause all interfaces on vMX and vQFX to not appear

Posted 12-14-2022 23:31
    Hi,

Please use version 20 ++.

Thanks

• 3.  RE: full shutdown of VCP and VFP nodes and reboot of the VM on EVE-NG can sometimes cause all interfaces on vMX and vQFX to not appear

Posted 12-16-2022 08:31
    Hello,

This also happens for our VQFX which are on ver 20+.

WILLIAM ROULLIER