Training and Certification

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Feedback on AAP after 8 months of use

Posted 05-30-2022 00:27
    Overall, Juniper Education has knocked it out of the park with this offering. The cost was $6,000 but my dashboard is showing I have roughly 160 hours of study time and roughly $28k in realized value. The labs associated with each course are great 98% of the time and the AAP material is generally all that is needed to pass the exams. At the current point of my journey, I've achieved 6-7 certs (A-P) and am now waiting on JNCIE-DC to be updated in July.

This brings me to the one criticism I have, which is that the on-demand courses for certain technologies are either non-existent and/or take forever to be updated compared to ILO. For example:
    • There are ZERO on-demand courses for Apstra, which will desperately be needed for the new JNCIE-DC (the old AOS courses don't count :P).
    • JNCIS-DevOps On-Demand is like 3-4 years outdated and also really needs a refresh.

In the meantime, I've started JNCIA-Cloud and JNCDA, both of which I won't be continuing as they aren't that interesting to me.

Finally, I'd like to extend my congratulations to Juniper Education Services for putting together such a high-value training package. My rating is a solid 9.5/10, which can be raised to a 10/10 should the small criticism above be remedied in the new future. No other vendor can offer anything remotely close to this. As a result, I'm going to be renewing for another year very shortly.

• 2.  RE: Feedback on AAP after 8 months of use

Posted 05-31-2022 11:49
    Hi,

Happy to hear you are enjoying the All-Access Training Pass and getting a lot of value out of it!  

You are correct, right now we do not have an On-Demand version of the Data Center Automation Using Juniper Apstra course.    The Apstra product is being updating very often and we are working hard to keep the instructor-led version up-to-date.  Once the product gets to a place where it is not changing so much we will be able to create an On-Demand version.  There are some online topics available in the Learning Portal:  Introduction to Juniper Apstra Fabric Conductor, Implementing Juniper Apstra Fabric Conductor & Understanding Intent-based Networking.  These do cover Apstra, but are not as comprehensive or current as the Instructor-led course.   We also have a recorded webcast in planning, so you can keep an eye out for that too.

Regarding the On-Demand version JNCIS-Devops, the Instructor version of Junos Platform Automation and DevOps was updated earlier this year, and we are working on the On-Demand version now.  It is tentatively scheduled for release in a couple of months.

Hope this information is useful, and thanks for reaching out.  

Best Regard,
    Will Adley

------------------------------
    Will Adley

• 3.  RE: Feedback on AAP after 8 months of use

Posted 05-31-2022 12:36
    Will,

Thank you for the detailed response. I'll keep an eye out for the webcast and definitely understand that a product in-flux is extremely difficult to create training for.

Much appreciated!

Dakota McGee

• 4.  RE: Feedback on AAP after 8 months of use

Posted 05-31-2022 12:14
    I couldn't agree more with you... this offering is the gold standard, and other vendors would be wise to follow Juniper's lead here.

I would like to add that I wish Juniper would include the physical connections required to recreate the labs, so that once you've reached the 12 session limit of the -IE labs, we would be able to continue using the same topologies and materials at home.  That... or allow more than 12 sessions, as studying for these IE-level certifications can take a considerable about of time.

• 5.  RE: Feedback on AAP after 8 months of use

Posted 05-31-2022 13:04
    Oh this is a fantastic point that I completely forgot about. I spoke with support about this and they are very aware how limiting the IE labs currently are.

@Will Adley please note this as feedback. I would also much rather see indefinite access to the IE labs due to the cost of this AAP and the amount of study time needed to invest into IE-level certs. Many of us cannot spare more than 1-2 hours at a time to sit down and study. Each IE lab MUST be scheduled for 12hrs and even if the student only uses 1-2 hrs of that time, an entire session of the 12 allotted is taken away.

If anything needs to change immediately, it would be this.

brantonyc thank you very much for bringing this up!
    ​​

Dakota McGee

• 6.  RE: Feedback on AAP after 8 months of use

Posted 05-31-2022 15:38
    Thanks - This is good feedback for us. Much appreciated, the team will be energized !
    For APSTRA, besides what Will said - and as you know, the AATP includes instructor led courses also. And we have a very good 5 day APSTRA class. I agree it is hard to take 5 days out of your schedule. We strive to convert classes to OnDemand as soon as the product stabilizes its innovation (but we don't want that too :), so will consider as soon as possible. 

For the E level exam bundles, thanks for the feedback - we will look into it and see how to support more. 

Thanks

Sanjiv Varma

• 7.  RE: Feedback on AAP after 8 months of use

Posted 06-01-2022 12:13
    @dmcgee I had the same thought, but also thought I'd be pushing my luck asking for unlimited access... :). I'd much rather the unlimited​ lab access!