Cloud

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Contrail Networking, Junos Space, Contrail Service Orchestration, NFX Series, Network Automation, Network Management, and all things related to cloud operations.
  • 1.  vSRX3 in VirtualBox - no interfaces

Posted 12-22-2021 20:15
    When installing a vSRX image (21.3) on VirtualBox, we are finding that the device has no interfaces (show interfaces terse ge-*). I do not seem to be able to find an up-to-date guide. Is anyone aware of one?

The one below is for vSRX 15.1 and is quite old. We have tried following this but seem to be unable to get any interfaces.

Creating a Junos Sandbox with vSRX and VirtualBox

Thanks for looking.

------------------------------
    Regalis

• 2.  RE: vSRX3 in VirtualBox - no interfaces

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 08-24-2022 20:14
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

I seem to have encountered the same problem independently. I tried to install vSRX3.0 22.3R1 onto VirtualBox and, after several failed attempts, found that same video. The install went fine but now I only have fxp0 management interface. None of the adapters for VirtualBox are appearing in the OS, and nothing I've done has corrected the problem. No other guides exist that I can find.

• 3.  RE: vSRX3 in VirtualBox - no interfaces

Posted 08-25-2022 02:04
    Can you confirm what Platform Type and Adapter Type are you selecting prior to running the VM?

Rahul