Switching

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  DAC compatability

Posted 07-06-2020 03:59

Hello,

Could You help me to know if the DAC 10 G is compatabile to run on this server HPC7000 and the other side EX4600 ?hp-bladesystem-c7000-blade-enclosure-8ac.jpg

• 2.  RE: DAC compatability

Posted 07-06-2020 04:07

Hello,

EX4600 supports 10G DAC in general, you can find the complete list of supported transceivers here:

https://apps.juniper.net/hct/product/#prd=EX4600

If HPC7000 is working with DAC transceivers as well, you need to check in your lab, especially with the DAC transceivers you are using (original Juniper or 3rd party)

• 3.  RE: DAC compatability

Posted 07-06-2020 04:45

Hi HDawood,

Good day!!

The 24 small form-factor pluggable (SFP) network ports on EX4600 switches support 10-Gigabit Ethernet transceivers and direct-attach copper (DAC) cables. The switch also supplies four quad small form-factor pluggable plus (QSFP+) ports for use as uplinks. These 40-Gigabit Ethernet ports support QSFP+ transceivers, QSFP+ DAC cables, and DAC breakout cables (DACBO). Each QSFP+ port on an EX4600 switch can be configured to operate as 10-Gigabit Ethernet interface by using a breakout cable or as a single 40-Gigabit Ethernet interface. The ports on an EX4600 switch are disabled by default. You enable a port through the CLI.

please click the below link for better understanding

EX4600 Network Cable and Transceiver Planning 

Please mark "Accepted Solution" if this helps you solve your query. Kudos are always appreciated.

Thanks 

Suraj 

• 4.  RE: DAC compatability

Posted 07-06-2020 05:11

I'm using the DAC from Jujniper and need to know if it os okay to use the other side on the above server model or no ? 

Also I know that there are  4 QSFP  ports ,Can I use them with DAC 10 G ?  

• 5.  RE: DAC compatability
    Best Answer

Posted 07-06-2020 05:56

This can only be confirmed by testing the Juniper DAC cable with your HPE server, I don't think this is officially supported by HPE.

Also I know that there are  4 QSFP  ports ,Can I use them with DAC 10 G ?

10G DAC cables are SFP+ transceivers, while QSFP Ports are slots for QSFP transceivers (40G). So you cannot use 10G DAC cables with QSFP ports, as you simply cannot plug it in.