SRX

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  if there is any tool for importing Open source signature Database in SRX

Posted 12-11-2012 21:22

Is it possible to import open source signature database i.e  Snort databases in SRX.If it possible then which tools we can use for it ?.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: if there is any tool for importing Open source signature Database in SRX

Posted 12-12-2012 02:20

Hi

I am not aware of any automated tool that could be doing it, but you can definitely

create your own signatures by hand. Also, Juniper is providing their own, constantly

updated database, so something else is usually not needed. Can you tell us the

reason you want to use Snort signatures?

• 3.  RE: if there is any tool for importing Open source signature Database in SRX

Posted 12-12-2012 02:43

IPS signatures are updated twice every week. You can check the RSS feed to see the dates of sig release

https://services.netscreen.com/restricted/sigupdates/nsm-updates/updates.xml

We have the JIST translator that can be used to convert SNORT signature to Juniper SRX or SA-IDP and it is available on our website.  

thanks,

raheel

• 4.  RE: if there is any tool for importing Open source signature Database in SRX

Posted 12-12-2012 03:04

Hi Raheel,

Great to hear there is a translator, but I couldn't find it, at least it is not present on the

page with other translators. Is it publicly available? Can you post an URL?

• 5.  RE: if there is any tool for importing Open source signature Database in SRX
    Best Answer

Posted 12-12-2012 15:50

Hi Peter,

its publically available, there just a bit tough to find: https://download.juniper.net/software/idp/jist/jist-1-0.i386.tgz

thanks,

raheel

• 6.  RE: if there is any tool for importing Open source signature Database in SRX

Posted 12-14-2012 14:30

Thanks Raheel...

• 7.  RE: if there is any tool for importing Open source signature Database in SRX

Posted 02-25-2015 07:04

Hi Raheel,

So I got the JIST but im looking for some sort of document that shows you how to convert the snort to Juniper IDP signatures. If you can please post a link of some sort that would be great.

• 8.  RE: if there is any tool for importing Open source signature Database in SRX

Posted 04-15-2019 06:11

Sorry, for resurrecting an old thread, but I am looking to get the SNORT signatures to SRX converter and unable to locate it. Can someone either point me to where it is now located or possible send me the tool?

Thanks for any help!