Training and Certification

last person joined: 3 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  JNCIE-SEC JUNOS software version

Posted 05-02-2013 06:50

Dear JNCP Certification team,

May I know the software version about the lab exam? I am preparing the lab exam from this month, after read other relead requestions asked by other candidates, you said the software version of lab exam is 11.1, but I found that cannot download this software version from website. In the website, only provides version of 10.0, 10.4, 11.4 and 12.1. Where can I download the 11.1 software version?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: JNCIE-SEC JUNOS software version
    Best Answer

Posted 05-02-2013 12:29

You're correct - 11.1 is now an EOL release so it has been removed from the website. 10.4 was an EEOL release so that's still supported, but the next supported release is 11.4 (also EEOL).

You won't want to use 10.4 as you won't be able to lab up some of the blueprint items using branch SRX - e.g. transparent mode, but based on my experience of the JNCIE-SEC exam I can't see you running into significant problems if you use 11.4 - the exam isn't really a test of version-specific functionality.

HTH.

Gavin

• 3.  RE: JNCIE-SEC JUNOS software version

Posted 05-02-2013 21:11

Hi Gavin, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes, 11.4 is a stable version, however, seems 11.1 is not so good.