Security Management

• 1.  Restore STRM via USB Key

Posted 01-22-2014 07:11

I have an STRM2500 II sitting on my desk right now that I'm working to try and get upgraded to the latest version (2013r3) but I'm running into a bit of a problem.  The upgrade files wouldn't run after leaving them alone for over a day, so I tried to do a "from scratch" install using the recovery partition method.  In the mean time I did a "WIPE" from the install menu.  After the wipe, I tried to use a "FLATTEN" command but there was an error that required me to reboot the box.  Upon reboot, the system would load GRUB but there are no menu items in GRUB (just a black screen with "GRUB" written in the top-left hand corner).

I've created a USB flash drive using the prescribed method (Win32DiskImager) but after booting the box, the system goes straight to the GRUB screen with no menu option to select booting from USB key.  I've tried getting into the CMOS to modify the boot order but both the DEL and Ctrl+D keys are non-funcional in activating the CMOS menu.

Is there a way to get this system to boot from the USB key or get into the CMOS?

#space
    #STRM

• 2.  RE: Restore STRM via USB Key
    Best Answer

Posted 01-22-2014 11:33

It appears as if the prescribed method using Win32DiskImager is not compatible with 2013.  I had to use the clean ISO for 2012.1