SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 10 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).

Looking for a guide or examples for setting up DHCP Relay in 128T routers

• 1.  Looking for a guide or examples for setting up DHCP Relay in 128T routers

Posted 01-25-2019 10:34
    Good morning,
    I've been setting up a Guest LAN to use for Guest WiFi. I have it setup at our HQ and it's working well. So far I've added a Network Interface(Guest-LAN) to the device interface connected to the LAN and assigned it to VLAN 7. I have VMs running DNS and DHCP servers also assigned to VLAN 7. These are all on a separate subnet(192.168.11.0/24) from our Corporate LAN. Finally I have a wireless network assigned to our access points with a new SSID that puts wireless clients on VLAN 7. All of this is configured and working at our HQ location, now I would like to start testing it out at our satellite locations. I'll be able to do the same VLAN 7 configuration for the Network interfaces and wireless network at those locations, but I would like to use DHCP Relay so that I can assign IPs to guests on other guest network subnets, from the DHCP server at the HQ location, rather than configuring a DHCP server for each Guest LAN subnet.

I've seen some release notes mentioning 128T adding DHCP Relay functionality, but I have not seen any guides or configurations using it. I'd appreciate it if anyone would be able to share what their DHCP Relay configs look like.
    Thanks,

------------------------------
    Austin Stoffel
    Systems Administrator
    BARD Materials
    ------------------------------