SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with SD-WAN and Session Smart Router (formerly 128T).
  • 1.  How do I enable Application Classification for Office 365?

Posted 04-04-2018 00:00
    I believe Office 365 classification is done via a module and not the standard TLS classification. Do I need to do anything to setup the module?

#ApplicationClassification #Office365 #TLS​​​

• 2.  RE: How do I enable Application Classification for Office 365?

It's really straightforward, actually. All you should need to do is tell a router to load its application ID modules via a single configuration line:

admin@labsystem1.conductor# conf auth router livingroom application-identification mode module admin@labsystem1.conductor# commit Are you sure you want to commit the candidate config? [y/N]: y Validating, then committing... Configuration committed admin@labsystem1.conductor# show application names router livingroom Wed 2018-04-04 16:35:44 EDT ¾ Node: labsystem2.livingroom  ====================== =============== ================ ===================== ===================== Application Name Session Count Ip Tuple Count Date Discovered Last Updated ====================== =============== ================ ===================== ===================== *.content.office.net 1 1 2018-04-04 16:35:07 2018-04-04 16:35:07 ¾ Completed in 0.59 seconds

Modules are located in /etc/128technology/application-modules, and you should have office365.py there already (it gets installed with our software by default).

• 3.  RE: How do I enable Application Classification for Office 365?

Note: I should have waited a bit between committing that configuration change and executing the "show application names" command. The list is more impressive once it has loaded the entire array of names from Microsoft.

• 4.  RE: How do I enable Application Classification for Office 365?

You can also check out this video on the Application Classification feature in the GUI. 

#ApplicationClassification

• 5.  RE: How do I enable Application Classification for Office 365?

I was going through the process of enabling Application Identification on a router, but noticed the GUI didn't have a dropdown for mode selection. The PCLI did state module or tls, so I was able to get it working, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks