Training and Certification

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

How to get the most from Juniper's education services and get advice on your certification journey.
  • 1.  Prerequisite certification for JNCIP-ENT

Posted 02-15-2012 02:21

Understand that the prerequisite certification for JNCIP-ENT is either JNCIS-ENT or JNCIS-ER.

However, JNCIS-ER has been retired since few months ago, does it still available for the option?

Anyone could answer me? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Prerequisite certification for JNCIP-ENT

Posted 02-15-2012 07:17

Hello Boon,

The JNCIS-ER is no longer available.  WE accept it as pre-req for JNCIP-ENT as many people achieved this certification while the exam was still available.  However, if you do not have it already you will need to do the JNCIS-ENT.  Also, please be aware that the JNCIA-Junos is required for the JNCIS-ENT.

Regards,

Liz

#JNCIS-ENT
    #JNCIS-ER
    #JNCIP-ENT

• 3.  RE: Prerequisite certification for JNCIP-ENT

Posted 02-15-2012 18:16

Hello Liz,

Sorry, i got confused. Please pardon me to list down my questions point by point.

1. For JNCIP-ENT:

Means that the only option for JNCIP-ENT, is to certify with JNCIS-ENT. Because JNCIS-ER is no longer available, even i was holding this certification before, right?

2. For JNCIS-ENT:

I still have to take the prerequisite certification JNCIA-JUNOS, right?

Just FYI, i have JNCIS-ER, JNCIA-EX, JNCIS-M.

So the following options are valid currently, right?

#

Prerequisite certification: JNCIA-Junos
    Acceptable substitutions: JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER, JNCIA-EX, JNCIA-M, and JNCIS-M.

#

3. For JNCIE-SP:

Currently, i am JNCIE-M holder, i should only certify with JNCIP-SP in order to take advantage for JNCIE-SP, right?

• 4.  RE: Prerequisite certification for JNCIP-ENT
    Best Answer

Posted 02-17-2012 14:50

Boon Siong,

Let me try to answer point by point.

1. To be JNCIP-ENT certified you must have either a JNCIS-ENT or JNCIS-ER.  Either will work as the pre-req.  Looking in your records I see that you have a JNCIS-ER so you do not have to take the JNCIS-ENT.  Your JNCIS-ER certification is valid until Oct 27, 2012.
    2. You do not have to take the JNCIA-Junos since you have JNCIS-ER already - as well as JNCIA-ER, JNCIA-EX and JNCIS-M.  All are acceptable for the Associate pre-req requirement as long as they are not expired. 
    3. Correct - you only have to take the JNCIP-SP exam and your JNCIE-M will be recertified as a JNCIE-SP.  You will keep you JNCIE-M cert number of 937.

Hope that is more clear.

Regards,