SRX

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Cannot Update SRX550

Posted 07-19-2020 07:55

Hi!

I have a software package for my SRX 550. I am currently running 12.1X47-D20.7 and I am looking to upgrade to 12.3X48-D100. Whenever I try updating from the GUI I am not seeing the usual upgrade progress in the bottom. Furthermore, I tried installing the software from a USB stick in the loader. It seemed to be successful, but then weirdly it booted off of the secondary partition, not booting off the software version I just installed, I tried restarting again and it seems as though the primary was overwritten with the 12.1. Please let me know what y'all suggest I do.

Thank you!

Marton

#software

• 2.  RE: Cannot Update SRX550
    Best Answer

Posted 07-19-2020 09:43

Hello Marton,

Looks like your primary partition is corrupted that's the reason you are unable to install I guess.

I would suggest you to install the Junos with partition command. Please check the following technical documentation and navigate to "Example: Installing Junos OS on SRX Series Devices Using the Partition Option" section - https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/install-software-on-srx.html

If the above procedure didn't work, make sure you save the entire boot process and send it to me. I shall take a look and will sugest the next step. Saving the putty log while doing the upgrade should suffice.

• 3.  RE: Cannot Update SRX550

Posted 07-19-2020 18:45

Hi!

This worked a treat. Thank you!

Best,

Marton