Switching

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  EX3400 limit DSCP traffic

Posted 06-11-2022 06:00
    Hi Experts,

I see that the firewall filter has a DSCP option when setting throttling.
    So I tried to use, but found that it couldn't be triggered.
    Is this option not applicable to throttling?

set interfaces xe-0/0/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching interface-mode trunk
    set interfaces xe-0/0/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members test
    set interfaces xe-0/0/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members test
    set interfaces xe-0/0/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching filter input limitPak
    set interfaces xe-0/0/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching filter output limitPak

set firewall family ethernet-switching filter limitPak term 0 from dscp cs0
    set firewall family ethernet-switching filter limitPak term 0 then three-color-policer single-rate qoslimit
    set firewall family ethernet-switching filter limitPak term 1 then accept

set firewall three-color-policer qoslimit single-rate committed-information-rate 32k
    set firewall three-color-policer qoslimit single-rate committed-burst-size 1500
    set firewall three-color-policer qoslimit single-rate excess-burst-size 1500

set vlans test vlan-id 10

------------------------------
    GARY WU

• 2.  RE: EX3400 limit DSCP traffic

Posted 06-16-2022 19:25
    Hi Gary:

I believe you are using the incorrect interfaces. On all EX3400 I have the 10Gb (xe) interfaces count from xe-0/2/0 to xe-0/2/3. The PIC for the 48 1Gb ports is 0, as in ge-0/0/0. The 40Gb interfaces at the rear of the EX3400 are on PIC 1, as in et-0/1/0 to et-0/1/1. The 10Gb interfaces are on PIC 2, as in xe-0/2/0 to xe-0/2/3.

With incorrect interfaces your firewall will likely do nothing as those interfaces don't exist.

Stuart

• 3.  RE: EX3400 limit DSCP traffic

Posted 06-18-2022 05:53
    Hi Footy-Smurf,

Thanks for your reply.

I pre-config it from EVE-NG first and test it off work.

I discussed this with jtac, and it seems we need to do it with firewall filters, which will be long to write and take time to set up and tweak.
    I think there is a need for a convenient way to manage DSCP current traffic limit and guaranteed bandwidth.

GARY WU