Switching

Welcome! 

Get answers on switching topics, including the EX and QFX portfolios, and share your expertise.

To easily navigate to other communities, select Communities > All Communities in the navigation.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Hi, I'm trying to connect an old Cisco switch to a new EX4600, but the link won't come up. The Cisco port is configured with "switchport nonegociate" and in 100/full (parameters I can't change on the Cisco). I've tried both : ether-options { no-auto-negotiation; ...

• Profile Picture

vQFX port mirroring

Hi I am using the JCL lab with vQFX to test out port mirroring configuration for a QFX10k. But in the lab I am not getting any mirrored packets, does not work. First basic question before I try to troubleshoot deeper... Q: Does vQFX support port mirroring? ...

• Profile Picture

RE: IRB

got you! You are only connecting the EX to the SRX for management traffic. Then , yes, you only need to replace interface vlan with interface irb. ------------------------------ Yasmin Lara Juniper Ambassador JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-DC, ...

• Profile Picture

Thanks Yasmin , the setup is quiet similar and as @fb35523 mentioned if i run ​"show configuration interfaces vlan " i only see the following } unit 10 { family inet { address 10.100.10.2/27; } And rest of the config set vlans CLIENT vlan-id 17 ...

• Profile Picture

Only 2 logical explanation. 1. It's a top of rack switch which only requires L2 for all VLANs. the exception is the management which would require a L3 for management. 2. He has VLANs that does not require routing. i.e storage VLANs. ------------------------------ ...

Announcements

• Welcome! How to Navigate the New Site

Welcome to our new Juniper community! Please pardon our dust as we put the finishing touches on our new site over the next few days. A few tips: 

1. To explore communities, select Communities in the navigation. Keep returning there to navigate. 
    2. When you log in, be sure to complete your profile and join communities to subscribe.
    3. Check out the FAQ to answer any questions. 

We are glad you are here! 

If you have any questions, please contact us.
Current Members
121 Members
Hidden Member
community Admin
community Admin
community Moderator