Routing

Welcome!

Get answers on all things routing, including routing portfolios and protocols. Post here or in the following product groups: 

vMX

To easily navigate to other communities, select Communities > All Communities in the navigation.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: LDP on loopback

thanks so much !! So whenever I use LDP, I always include loopback in ldp configuration. It should not hurt anything, right ?

• Profile Picture

The basic need for loopback ldp is if your signaling needs to go through any other device. In other words the two endpoints signaling are NOT directly connected. If they are directly connected then it won't be needed. Thus I've never seen a production ...

• Profile Picture

thanks !! I came across the following from Cisco Juniper MPLS Integration Problem. - Cisco Community By default, JUNOS LDP only advertises /32 loopback prefix-FEC bindings upstream, you need to explicitly configure egress policy under LDP to advertise ...

• Profile Picture

I have not done mpls on Cisco so can't speak to differences, but on Junos my recollection here is you need ldp on the loopback if you are using ldp over rsvp (also called targeted ldp) which is typical in larger topologies. While if you have all your ...

• Profile Picture

LDP on loopback

I noticed in some Juniper training materials, LDP is enabled on the loopback interface, but in some not. I roughly know LDP assignment in Juniper is different from Cisco. I like to know whether I should enable LDP on loopback or not, or any differences. ...

Upcoming Events

Announcements

• New Book! "Day One: Migrating to Segment Routing"

New Book.  Day One: Migrating to Segment Routing is a highly anticipated migration guide packed with tips and configurations culled from field implementations and production cutovers. Read what you need to think about, your options, and how to do it all with Junos.  

Unanswered Discussions

• Posted in: Routing

I came across the following ; " Verify that the router LSA originated by the instance carries the sham link adjacency as an unnumbered point-to-point link. The link data for sham links is a number ranging from 0x80010000 through 0x8001ffff. " ...

• Profile Picture

route export

Posted in: Routing

hello , I have a query related to Virtual routers I have different VR created on SRX -- Star-VR Square-VR Circle-VR for all these VR , i have the import policies . Do they export by default because i dont see any export policy for it ? Also ...

Hello, all! I have interprovider mpls L3 VPN option b. Topology has classic design and looks like here: PE <---ospf/rsvp/mp-ibgp(inet-vpn)-----> ASBR_1<---mp-ebgp(inet-vpn)---> ASBR_2 PE has : - vrf 'one' with route distinguisher (RD) 100:10 and ...

Hello; I think to create a "dynamic demux interface" we need to use the following method. dynamic-profiles { MY_PROFILE; demux0 { unit $junos-interface-unit { demux-options { underlying-interface $junos-underlying-interface; ...

Hello. I need some advice on how to optimize the core of the ISP network I work for. A simplified diagram of the network core looks like this: All routers here are PE routers. Two routers ASBR1 and ASBR2 also act as route reflectors. ASBR1 and ASBR2 ...

Current Members